श्री वक्रतुण्ड महाकाय सूर्य कोटी समप्रभा निर्विघ्नं कुरु मे देव सर्व-कार्येशु सर्वदा॥
1) Why Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated?
Ganesh Chaturthi (गणेश चतुर्थी) is the Hindu Festival and celebrated in all over India but the main and widely celebration happens in Maharashtra. This celebration happens on the birthday of Lord Ganesha. He is the younger son of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati. Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated on Shukla Chaturthi of the Hindu month of Bhadra (generally falls between August and September). On this occasion, people bring Idols of Ganesha to their homes and do worship. It is a 10 days festival and on 11th day grand visarjan happens. On this special occasion women make Prasad of “Modak” which is loved by Ganesh Ji. Ganesh Chaturthi is also known as Vinayaka Chaturthi. The festival worships him as the god of good beginnings, prosperity, and an obstacle remover.
2) Why Eco-Friendly Ganpati is Important?
Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated in many parts of India and it is also important to save our environment. Generally, many people buy Ganesh Idols which are made from Plaster Of Paris (PoP), which is not easily degrade and pollute the water also harmful to aquatic life present in the water body. So, it is advisable to use eco-friendly Ganesha idols. Eco-Friendly Ganesh Idols made from Clay, Paper Mache and other biodegradable materials. These Idols can easily be immersed in water. These idols do not harm the environment and don’t pollute the water.
3) How to perform Ganesh Visarjan?
Before taking Ganesh for Visarjan you should perform some important rituals.
- The first and important thing you must have to know is use Eco-Friendly Ganpati Murti which can be immersed easily in the water. So you can do visarjan at your home also and other water sources places are Sea, River, Lake, etc.
- Before visarjan firstly you should do the Aarti with Ganesh mantra. After aarti, it is preferred to put Bhog (Prasad).
- At the time of visarjan you offer five items like deep or diya (oil lamps), pushp (flowers), dhoop (incense), gandh (fragrance) and naivedya (food) to Ganpati.
- After Pooja you can proceed for Ganesh visarjan. On this day all the family members and friends should gather and they can loudly say the mantra of Ganpati Bappa Morya and other mantras also.
- On the day of Ganpati Visarjan make sure when Ganesha’s Murti immersing in the water, Face of Ganesh should be towards the family members, so you can see him while he is going.